Products for this recipe sponsored by Good Cook
Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies. It’s so versatile…some days I just sauté it. Other days I stuff it with sausage and feta. Then there are the casseroles, breads, zucchini chips…the list goes on and on. When I need a quick and easy meal or a simple side – I whip up a Zucchini Ribbon Salad.
This salad is so delicious and is often different every time I make it. You can just throw in your favorite veggies – you really can’t go wrong. The recipe I am going to share with you guys is my one of my favorite versions. I had a bit of a Mediterranean flair and is great with chicken, pork or seafood. I like it as a simple lunch salad. It’s light and fresh–perfect for summer. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 - 3 large zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk lime juice, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl until combined. Set aside
- Cut ends off the zucchini then use a vegetable peeler to cut the squash into thin ribbons. Discard the middle seedy section of the zucchini.
- Combine zucchini ribbons, chopped tomatoes, sliced onion, feta and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Gently toss the vegetable mixture with the vinaigrette.
- Add the avocado, salt and pepper to taste right before serving.