I love the holidays for so many reasons. Friends, family, fun and food! I have a ton of different foods that are just standard now at my house. The recipe I am sharing today is a must for Christmas at my house – Watergate Salad.
For a long time I wouldn’t touch this stuff. I mean hello…it’s green and kinda weird looking. Not exactly what you think of when you think a delicious dessert right? Once I tried it – I was hooked. This stuff may look weird, but it sure is delicious. The combination of the ingredients together is just wonderful.
The best part is that it is crazy simple. You can put this together in about 5 minutes. Make it the day before you want to serve it to allow the flavors to combine and voila…a delicious, festive holiday treat!
This is the perfect dish for holiday potlucks. It’s just not a holiday get together without it.
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained (not in syrup!)
- 3.4 oz pistachio flavored instant pudding
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1½ cups thawed light whipped topping
- Add the first five ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in the whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving (overnight is preferred).