My homemade teriyaki sauce is quick, easy and delicious. You can put it together in less than 10 minutes. With the addition of a tablespoon of corn starch you can turn the teriyaki sauce into a teriyaki glaze that is perfect on fish, chicken, pork and so much more.
The best part is that you can pronounce all of the ingredients. I think once you try this recipe you bypass the expensive bottles at the store.
Try this recipe on my Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple. The combination is wonderful.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Place all ingredients except corn starch in a sauce pan and cook on medium heat, whisking until sugar has dissolved.
Your teriyaki sauce is now ready to be used in your favorite recipes.
- Add corn starch to 1½ tablespoons of water and mix.
- Pour into pan of prepared teriyaki sauce and stir.
- Simmer on medium high heat until thickened.