All of my guys love spaghetti. Instead of plain old pasta with tomato sauce, I like to shake it up a bit. I love a good noodle salad with big flavor. My Easy Asian Noodle Salad is one of my favorite recipe to throw together because I can prepare it early in the day and then pull it out when dinner time rolls around.
Breaking up dinner prep over the day means a less stressful evening. If I can knock out one part of dinner at my convenience, my time in the kitchen seems to fly by.
Like many pasta salads, the longer this one marinates – the better it tastes. I try to make a big batch so that I can munch on it throughout the week for lunch.
Besides tasting great, this is a great recipe to get more veggies in your family. I listed my favorite veggies but feel free to toss in your favorites. You can even add some meat to make this a complete meal. I love this with a quick sautéed chicken or pork. This is a super easy recipe to whip up a great meal or side dish.
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked according to package
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea pods, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup rice noodles
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, vinegar, honey and soy sauce.
- Toss the mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds and whisk until combined.
- Place cooked spaghetti, carrots, onion, cucumber and pea pods in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing then place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve cold.
- Top with rice noodles and peanuts before serving.