Ok…I have not lost my mind and this is not a non-traditional Thanksgiving menu idea. This recipe is what I do for Thanksgiving MORNING. I will be spending hours preparing Thanksgiving dinner so the last thing that I want to do is add more work for myself. This recipe is just perfect. It feeds a lot of people and makes use of the slow cooker. You simply put it together the night before and your meal cooks while you sleep.
You get a meal filled with potatoes, cheese and tasty sun dried tomatoes. Plus it’s packed with protein thanks to the eggs and the delicious Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles. Everyone can grab a bowl and enjoy a hearty breakfast that will hold them until the big meal is ready.
It only takes minutes to prepare and I promise, you will be thankful to have it ready on Thanksgiving morning!
- 1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 12 eggs
- ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer ½ of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
- Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
- Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours or on HIGH setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.