My husband is a huge fan of banana pudding but I am not a fan of the prep involved. I love to use pre-made options to help me whip a delicious dessert. My husband loves a pound cake so I decided to use a pre-made Sara Lee pound cake to whip up a delicious No-Bake Banana Pudding Pound Cake.
The hardest part of this dessert is the 2 minutes it takes to whip up the instant pudding. Then it’s just a matter of assembling everything.
My guys all gave this one two thumbs up and said it was great. I liked it too. I had it done in less than 10 minutes from start to finish! This is the perfect dessert to take to a potluck or just to surprise your family on a typical week night!
- Sara Lee Pound Cake, defrosted
- 1 box banana cream instant pudding
- 2 cups milk, chilled
- 2- 3 bananas, sliced
- ½ tub whipped topping
- vanilla wafers for garnish
- Prepare the instant pudding by whisking the pudding with 2 cups of cold milk.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes to set.
- Cut the Sara Lee pound cake lengthwise twice to create three layers.
- Begin assembling the cake by spreading about ½ - ¾ cup of prepared pudding on the bottom layer.
- Top with the sliced bananas then spread with whipped topping.
- Repeat once.
- Place the top layer of pound cake on top and pipe on whipped topping.
- Garnish with crushed vanilla wafers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
which dog is hiding just out of view in the last picture, Spike or Dumplyn? 🙂 Recipe sounds delicious & a must try for me 🙂
Hahaha–that’s Spike…my trusty taste tester! He is always right at my feet just in case I drop any crumbs 🙂