I am currently swimming in candy thanks to the Easter Bunny!
One of my favorite ways to use up excess candy is with a batch of Candy Bar Cookies. I make these after Halloween and after Easter…really any time I end up with too much candy. They are so simple and pretty much any candy bar will work. I generally gather a variety of different ones, chop them up and throw them all in the batter.
The recipe makes about 30 cookies. That is the perfect amount for my guys to have a few cookies then I package the rest and pass them off to friends. My buddies are happy and it’s a great way to get rid of all that yummy chocolate so it doesn’t end up as extra weight on my thighs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⅛ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1¼ cup candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chopped candy bars.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for one minute then transfer to a cooling rack.