Ok, so I am not in college anymore. That doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy a tasty Gelatin Shot every now and again. There is just something fun about enjoying your cocktail in a jiggly format instead of a basic drink!
I’ll often serve up a batch at my parties and also take them to my friends in place of the usual beer/wine offering. They are always a welcome addition to the party spread and it’s funny to watch folks flock to them.
They are crazy simple to make and you only need to allow enough time for the gelatin to set. I typically make them the night before so they are ready to go when I need them. The recipe can be modified as needed. Ultimately you’ll just need to decide how much alcohol you want in your shots. Just keep in mind…these are shots so don’t skimp too much 😉
- 1 .25 oz packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup citrus flavored vodka
- ¼ cup schnapps of choice (peach or lemon are my favorite)
- ¼ cup 7UP®
- splash of grenadine if you want to color them red or green fruit punch for green
- Mix the gelatin in the hot water until dissolved.
- Add all other ingredients and pour into small disposable cups.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow to set.
How many shots roughly does this recipe make?
It’s approximately 2 cups of liquid (16 oz)…so it will vary based on how full you fill the shot cups.
If you do 1 oz shots you will end up with approximately 16
Hi! was wondering what it would be to convert oz into grams (im from australia!) thanks 🙂
1 oz = 28.35 grams